A transient retail merchant is an individual who sets up a stand or a truck on a parking lot or empty field and does not have a fixed business location.
In order to obtain a transient merchant permit, you must:
1. The business interested in a permit of this type must become a collaborator(PDF) in our on-line software – “MyGov” to apply.
2. After becoming a collaborator and being accepted by Planning & Development personnel, then apply on-line as follows:
- Fill out the application (PDF) completely (This contains authorization for the City to obtain information regarding the applicant's criminal history)
- Provide a current copy of applicant's driver's license and social security number
- Provide written permission from the owner of the land or lot
- Provide a copy of your State Sales Tax permit
- Pay the permit fee as follows: 7 day permit $50
- 14 day permit $75
- 30 day permit $100
- 90 day permit $150
- The lot used for sales must be zoned for retail, commercial, industrial, or central area
- The lot must have adequate parking
- The application must be approved by the Director of Planning & Development need to contact the City at (806) 655-5003 to check for availability and cost
Return all items completed to the:
Director of Planning & Development
301 16th St.
Canyon, TX 79015