A transient retail merchant is an individual who sets up a stand or a truck on a parking lot or empty field and does not have a fixed business location.
In order to obtain a transient merchant permit, you must:
- Fill out the application completely (This contains authorization for the City to obtain information regarding the applicant's criminal history)
- Provide a current copy of applicant's driver's license
- Provide written permission from the owner of the land or lot
- Provide a copy of your State Sales Tax permit
- Pay the permit fee of $25 for a 30-day permit (the applicant may re-apply every 30 days)
- The lot used for sales must be zoned for retail, commercial, industrial, or central area
- The lot must have adequate parking
- The application must be approved by the Director of Code Enforcement
- If you choose to use the Community Center, you will need to contact the City at (806) 655-5003 to check for availability and cost
Return all items completed to the:
Director of Code Enforcement
301 16th St.
Canyon, TX 79015